FW: data

-----Original Message-----
From: Rod Wheeler [mailto:yukonspirit@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 4:04 PM
To: jim
Subject: RE: data

Metaserver RT for IB is US$99, one time fee, no monthly.

I have been using Metaserver RT to feed TS2000 with IB data for over a year.
It works great.  The initial installation was a little 'bumpy' because I
also use ButtonTrader as an order entry platform on the IB feed.  There was
an issue with Metaserver and ButtonTrader needing unique client IDs with
this setup but MetaServer support responded quickly and effectively to get
me up and running.  Since then its been smooth sailing every day.

Be aware that IB does not send every market tick.  They send ticks every .3
seconds or so irregardless of market conditions.  The bottom line over any
given day is that you will see about 1/3 to 1/2 the number of ticks if you
compare IB to say, eSignal.  Like Jimmy said, if your systems and indicators
can deal with this then you're OK.

Ticks being sent based on time has an upside.  In my case, living in a very
remote area with a 26.4k dial-up connection to a satellite Internet
connection, fast markets don't bog me down.  I get the same number of ticks
in slow markets as in fast markets.

I also like the IB feed because my orders are built on their feed.
Sometimes when I was running eSignal as my feed and ButtonTrader/IB as my
order entry platform/broker, my orders wouldn't execute because of
differences in the feeds.

Bottom line, if it suits your needs, I can highly recommend MetaServer.

As an aside, although I did for almost 2 decades, I have never understood
paying for data.  To me, its like walking into a store to buy something and
being charged for a price list.

Your mileage may vary.
No affiliation, blah, blah, blah.

Rod