Re: Tradestation 8 - upgrade or downgrade from 2000i?

Greetings...

Simply put, I love TS 8 and have no intention of ever
returning to a prior version.

Here are my comments to each of your points:

1 - While I don't necessarily enjoy writing a check
every month, I consider it the cost of doing business.
TS has been reliable and provides me many essential
tools I use daily (I'm a full time trader), so I
believe the cost is reasonable.

2 - I guess I'm not into deep programming and complex
number crunching as others, so I've never ran into any
function problems.

3 - I've been using TS products since the days of
Super Charts and in that time I've never had to import
my own data files, so it's unlikely I'll need this
capability any time soon.

4 - If 'dumbing' the product means removing management
of that $%^&* Global Server data and instead having
pretty much any symbol and amount of history available
on the fly, then 'hurrah' for TS! Over the years I
feel I spent more time playing with the GS data than
working on strategies and trading.... if I had one of
the many settings wrong, the data wouldn't align or be
readable; the need to edit out many bad ticks
constantly; handling all the option strikes and dates
was a real pain. Well, I'll stop ranting now (at the
time, I think GS was probably the best game in town).
Being able to store my workspaces on a diskette and
then go to a laptop or other desktop computer
elsewhere and be just like my home office while on
travel is extremely convenient. I also think the
Matrix window is pretty cool.

You know, I suspect there are a number of other tools
and capabilities in TS I can't name off the top of my
head. But if I lost them, I'd be at a real
disadvantage in this already challenging trading
business we've all chosen to be a part of.

Best regards,
Bill

test'; ">

test'; ">