Re: Off topic memory question

Jimmy,

I have 10+ futures & 50 stocks in my GS, collecting data from IB. It records an average of 5 million ticks everyday. GS takes about 4 - 20% CPU time, with the Datafeed Queue never running behind. WinXP Pro/1.6GHz (x1.11 overclock)/1 GB ram. Would I be seeing any performance gain by converting the futures to "stocks"? Is that all the change I need to make or I need to rework my strategies in some way?

Thanks,

Abhijit

Jimmy wrote:

Trader....,

Sorry the list is only taking stupid questions today.

No really do you have TS2ki emini symbols setup as Futures or as index
or stock symbols. I know that sounds stupid but TS2ki does not handle
the eminis well if they are set as futures contracts due to that
STUPID Omega not dealing with volume on futures contracts.

Now converting the data is a little bit of work to set them up now as
indices or stocks. Let me know if you do have them as futures and I
will give you the blurb.

Jimmy
Stupid answers that's my business