Re: TradersStudio?

At 05:05 AM 1/18/2005, Henri Amand wrote:

>Agree with you there Bob. There's only one small "problem". TS 7 and 8
>were never available for the European markets where TS 2000i was.
>TS 2000i is also still sold in europe by software vendors.

I can see that could be a major problem for a lot of the world. I suspect
that the potential market makes it harder to justify the investment in
infrastructure required. But still selling TS2000i in Europe and not
providing updates for it is a problem, I agree.

>Lets take microsoft as an example. they keep bringing out servicepacks
>way in the future when new software is allready available. They only just
>recently stopped support for windows 98 i believe. So having a new
>product out is fine but does not dismiss you from supporting the old
>if the old has real problems. Not that i have any problems with it
>by the way. Works fine for me, day in day out. But some people seem
>to have.

Operating systems are a bit different. They tend to be married to the hardware and most average users never switch to a new OS version since it can complicate lots of things. They only switch when they buy as new computer. So the support cycle on old OS versions tends to be a lot longer.

My main point is that you should never consider the software you buy to be a product that you buy once and use forever. It wears out - slowly becoming obsolete as the world changes. And it requires periodic maintenance, just as your car does and you have to pay for the maintenance by buying the upgrades over time.

In that context the frequent messages on this list about "How do I reinstall TS4 on my new computer" or "Does anybody have ES data for December 17th - my data feed stopped" seem a bit quaint to me...

>Anyway, it was not my intention to beat TS.. just to tickle VK a little
>bit :-)

That is always fun... But he seems to be a pretty good guy... :-)

Bob Fulks