Re: Traders Studio?

Then Alex wrote:

>>4. Lack of adoption by successful, wealthy traders and >>system
>>developers, who sometimes approach me to write code for >>them.  They
>>all use TradeStation, so developing stuff in WL wouldn't be >>useful.
>>They pretty much use TS2000i, not the latest one.

Why is it that most large traders (according to Alex) do not use the latest TS version? Either Bob or Alex is incorrect--and they are both freakin' geniuses... I am still using 4.0 because I don't know what version to trust after that and don't want to gamble my business on an upgrade that is bug-ridden. (Those who have continuously been trading through the TS upgrade cycle only had 1 choice for a continuously robust platform, and that was 4.0) If I wanted to upgrade, what is the version that would allow me to use my tick database and eSignal, and is there any point to upgrading?

Not trying to be a smart-ass--I just really want to know if there is any upside to migrating from the 4.0 platform...

Thanks,

Seth