RE: TS 2000i error message

Hi Jimmy,

You mentioned the Esignal downloading.. Are you
referring to the esignal ActiveX plugin?

I've used that before but i find that it's takes
too long when you download all stocks on the
NYSE,NASDAQ.. i only use the plugin to fill in
missing intraday gaps, not to keep my eod database
uptodate.

Has something changed w.r.t to the plugin that
makes EOD download much faster or are you talking
about something different?

Thanks
Bing

Historybunk.com instead
>of Esignal's download?
>
>Well I haven't used Historybunk.com in years and
would never
>go there, but here is what I would try to fix the
setup.
>Reboot then reinstall the Esignal software then
crank up.  If
>that fails then reboot reinstall Ts2ki right on
top of the
>current install, it wont hurt anything, then
reboot then
>install the Esignal software again.
>
>If you don't have that patch to get the Esignal
historical
>data let me know and I will send it to you if you
want to try
>it.  Much much much much better then
historytrash.com.

>Jimmy
>
>Friday, January 7, 2005, 9:09:42 AM, you wrote:
>
>Lac> After years of problem free operation, I
finally ran into
>a problem
>Lac> with TS 2000i.  My data provider is eSignal
internet.
>The problem
>Lac> is a failure of GS to connect to eSignal.
The event log gives an
>Lac> error message 10 ... "socket connection was
closed".  I'm
>waaaayyy
>Lac> back on the learning curve here ... I don't
have a clue
>as to what
>Lac> a 'socket connection' is.  In any event,
everything looks
>normal on
>Lac> the surface ... the eSignal icon on the task
bar is up and green.

>Lac> Let me add that I think the problem started
during a session
>Lac> downloading data from HistoryBank.  The
downloading
>abruptly halted
>Lac> during the data distribution phase at 29%
distributed.
>There was a
>Lac> sound signal issued when the distribution
stopped.  The
>system was
>Lac> hung up and the only way I could get things
moving again
>was to shut off the power.
>
>Lac> I can't think of anything else that might
provide clues.
>Any ideas
>Lac> you good guys on the Omega List might have
would be appreciated!