eSignal feed today

Isolating a data feed problem today and will be interested to hear how eSignal servers have performed today.

Some details ....

This rural location permits only 28.8K telephone wire or satellite ISP conections. I use both. But, by bonding (using Windows Multilink) two phone lines the bandwidth is doubled. Most of the time this is OK.

Today, for ER2 only coming in along with IB's ER2 data, that was not enough. IB's TWS software lost connection as did TS2Ki using the eSignal over phoneline feed many times in the first hour.

The StarBand satellite internet connection has the latency issue. With an average latency over 1-second and often exceeding 3 seconds, the tick based bars will often stop updating for 5 seconds or more, especially in a fast market. Starband sat is unsuitable for streaming data, a fact Starband makes a point of for those thinking about signing up.

My thinking now is fast markets are going to require a couple more phone lines to increase bandwidth to 128K or so even with the single data feed of ER2. There is an added complication provided by noisy phone lines. There are times when the noise causes one or both phone connections to disconnect.

And optional idea is to ...

1. run only the IB data feed on the phone lines for TWS and a charting application using IB's trade data samples. This to be certain of having current bars to look at.

2. use the satellite feed for charting in TS2Ki for my tick based bars which deliver the trade signals.

Liam