RE: A peek inside Tradestation.com - what would it show?

At least inethical, at best unprofessional, at worst illegal.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hakan Persson [mailto:exp@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 12:11 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: A peek inside Tradestation.com - what would it show?

Hi

I was thinking - If  I owned Omega Research and had their customerbase
of several thousand traders,
all trading through my brokerage division, I would know that in the long
run most of my clients
aren't all that lucky in the market. But a certain percentage would do
well. Maybe they're great
programmers and analysts who between them have put countless of hours
into setting up their
Tradestations. Or maybe they just have a natural feeling for where the
market is heading next.
I know in my heart that I would want to know how accurate the worlds
best trading systems could be.
I would want to know that, and I would know that the answer was sitting
right there inside my
company's server.
So I would analyse the most prospering top 5 % of my clientbase, based
on what markets they're able
to skim the cream off of, and even build systems around their trades,
for  truly outstanding
signals in each market. It would be like having hired a large group of
the most brilliant analysts
you could find.
I might not use the results for my own benefit. Maybe that's illegal, or
maybe I would be earning
quite enough from my commissions. But I'm pretty sure I would want to
know how well my most skilful
customers were doing, and how accurate they are, between them.
Or maybe the answer is a sobering one, maybe the server would show that
there aren't hardly any
hotshot traders who constantly makes a fortune year after year. Maybe
the outstanding ones only
manage 5 to 12% profits after taxes, in the long run? (Which ofcourse
isn't bad, if you start out
with alot of money). Is that the real reason we don't see advertisments
from Omega featuring their
most skilful subscribers sipping drinks in the Carribean?
Anybody know the Cruz brothers well enough to get an answer from them on
this ageold question about
the little guy versus the market?

Sigge