Re: To MarkBrown: Real-time datafeeds in Python

Hi Bob and R,

while we may have had, during the past two days, quite a bit of list traffic
re. tool development in Python, mainly caused by Joel, Alex, and my humble
self,  I do not understand what should be wrong with this. Nobody was
prevented from discussing Global Server or the benefits of  the various and
sundry volatility measures.

Also, IMHO it is not quite fair to insinuate that Joel might be afraid of
making actual trades, and that that was his reason for wanting to develop
trading software. Many will remember the extended discussions that went on
here for almost a year when Mark Brown was in the process of developing his
ill-fated trading software (forgot the name). We have had quite a few
developers on this list, of systems as well as of trading tools. Some trade,
some don't, and they were respected anyway.

You are a developer, too, Bob, aren't you? (And I bet you would love Python
:-))

Thanks and best regards,

Michael Suesserott