Uptick and Python

Folks,

I see the advantages of going the Python route in making it easier to
write trading systems. Seems like Python is a language that's easier to
learn and use for those coming from TradeStation than C#, Java, etc. Less
opportunities to make mistakes and such. It would probably be faster to
whip the framework up in Python than in Java or anything else.

Assuming that Uptick was coded in Python how would it scale? Would it be
possible to implement distributed optimizations on a server farm?

Would backtesting speed by faster than that of C# or Java?

Are there any charting packages for Python?

How would I protect commercial systems built on top of Uptick?

I see the target market as individual traders and small funds so choosing
Python over Java is not a big issue.

    Thanks, Joel