Re: Uptick: Tick-based futures trading engine .NET or Java

Very funny!

Interestingly though, and notwithstanding MSFT's marketing power, the
overwhelming number of Windows installations does not translate into an
equal demand for .NET or C# developers in industry. Not even close.

A jobsearch on monster.com today yielded the following numbers of job
openings:

Java       "more than 5000" (est. >8000)
C++       4165
.NET      2911 (including C#)
C#         1624  (C# only)
Perl        2572
Python     201

Not having any large commercial backers, Python is still a bit on the
sidelines, just like Perl was about 10 years ago, even though in many ways
Python is the most modern of the pack. As of now, Java is king.

Remember that when you are developing in Java, Perl, or Python, you are in
fact developing for Windows, too (plus practically every other OS on the
face of the planet).

Best regards,

Michael Suesserott