Re: another off topic - no antivirus on backtesting machine ?

  • To: jonmac@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: another off topic - no antivirus on backtesting machine ?
  • From: Sven Napolean Montessori <snm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:21:34 -0800

   Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 21:44:10 +1000
   From: jon <jonmac@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    just don't know whether Norton (even when turned off) slows things
    down and /or throws bugs into not so well coded programs - the 99 $
    Qu ?

I haven't had a positive opinion about Norton since Norton Commander
(and that only lasted until I encountered xtgold).  "Turned off" does
not mean that it does not interact, just that it doesn't make
decisions.