Re: Something very distrubing (Warning: DO Not Read Ernie Bonugli's Message)

  • To: jimo@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Something very distrubing (Warning: DO Not Read Ernie Bonugli's Message)
  • From: Sven Napolean Montessori <snm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 01:24:40 -0800

   Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:07:55 -0800
   From: List Maintainer <jimo@xxxxxxxxxx>

   On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:31:45PM -0500, hcarvas wrote:
   > There is nothing more disturbing than what you see when you
   > open Ernie Bonugli message.  The "Golden Palace Casio"
   > installs on your PC without your consent.

   There was no attachment in the message Ernie sent through the omega-list
   with Subject: Something very distrubing, and

   I suspect hcarvas received a virus from a third party that had forged
   Ernie's name/address as its origin.

This is undoubtedly true.  However, the forger needed to know Ernies
email and that this list was involved somehow, even if faked.  There
is a fair chance that Ernie has or had a "guest" and should do some
examination of his computer's software.  Certainly anyone else that
reads the list via text based email (ye olde unix) can see that the
list is scrubbed nicely!