Re[2]: QuantStudio demo available

Hello chris,

cd> I use smartquant (and tradestation) and i can say that the scale
cd> can be wherever you want it- lol.

charts are very important to me as i am spoiled at the clean crisp
lines and full use of borders etc. of programs like the technalyzer.

or even programs like ts and ms have pretty decent charting.  but none
dare say have on there web site hideous amateur left hand scales.
most non trading generic charting packages have left hand scale.  it's
a sure sigh that someone is not really into charting.  i especially
hate to see borders around the chart which are 25% of the screen
width, again that's what i would expect to see in some amateur
scientific class project not a sophisticated quant studio.

cd> I can also say that SQ is probably the best set of tools to
cd> develop trading strategies available to the public. The caveat is
cd> that you need to program in a real language- not a scripting
cd> language. THis is of course an advantage to a programmer and a
cd> disadvantage to a non-programmer. In any case- do not discount
cd> this software so easily or you are discounting some very
cd> significant stuff. SQ is truly limitless if you know what you are
cd> doing.

i am not discounting quant studio i am critiquing it and they will
have to listen to that criticism and act upon it if i am to even get
past the web site let alone install it and work my ass off using it.

i mean full programming language has yet to prove an advantage over
scripting languages when it comes to profitability in trading.  more
difficult does not mean more money.

mb