From: Sigstroker@xxxxxxx [mailto:Sigstroker@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 5:33 PM
To: Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: looking for disk copy/clone software

I'm looking for a piece of software to do a bit-for-bit copy from one
disk to another. I don't want "backup" software that compresses using
the vendor's proprietary algorithm so that you need to use the software
to "restore". I have two things I want to do:

1) My C drive is filling up. I want to copy it to a larger drive and
swap them out.

2) I want to make periodic copies of my C drive to drives in removable
drawers for backup. If the C drive in the pc takes a dump, I want to
just pull the most recent backup out of it's drawer and swap it into the
pc.

Obviously neither of the above will work if the copy/clone is compressed
with some weird algorithm. I bought Drive Image, but it appears to only
make the kind of backup I don't want. I would assume the software I need
would have to run in DOS off a bootable floppy. So far, everything I've
looked at seems to run in Windows.