looking for disk copy/clone software

I'm looking for a piece of software to do a bit-for-bit copy from one disk to another. I don't want "backup" software that compresses using the vendor's proprietary algorithm so that you need to use the software to "restore". I have two things I want to do:

1) My C drive is filling up. I want to copy it to a larger drive and swap them out.

2) I want to make periodic copies of my C drive to drives in removable drawers for backup. If the C drive in the pc takes a dump, I want to just pull the most recent backup out of it's drawer and swap it into the pc.

Obviously neither of the above will work if the copy/clone is compressed with some weird algorithm. I bought Drive Image, but it appears to only make the kind of backup I don't want. I would assume the software I need would have to run in DOS off a bootable floppy. So far, everything I've looked at seems to run in Windows.