RE: BMI datafeed

Bob

That is what he said... whether the DRK box is profiled at 19k or 38k, the
data still only hits the dish at 19k. If so, it's pretty pathetic for this
day and age. But it doesn't look like Wireless Chuck, or anyone else at
Esignal, care all that much. They have been wanting to pull the plug on it
for years.

Even if it is slow, BMI is reliable. Someone on this list once suggested
that they use it for an e-mini only feed. Just the e-mini's and indexes at a
reasonable price. It could probably handle that fine. But it wouldn't do you
much good without stocks.

DTN sounds better. I just don't look forward to change as much as I used to.

Oh well.

GM

Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference at this point but I save
the serial datastream for backup purposes on an old PC and I see a full
38.4K especially at market open so it is hard for me to believe that 19K and
38K are the same.  The average speed for the day is however about 19K so
maybe what the tech was saying is that the BMI box only fills at a max of
19K but the PC can download from the box at up to 38K.

~Bob