Re[4]: BMI datafeed

I remember when I had to change from the old 38K satellite to the new
higher speed one.  Now they are upping the throughput again.  Makes
BMI sound kind of silly at 19 or 38 or whatever it is.  I quit BMI at
least 7 years ago.  DTN is where you go if you need lots of symbols.
Just don't try it without a HS port or the Ethernet thing.  It'll bury
your machine with a fast connection and tons of symbols.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

JFdc> DTN Real-time is currently broadcasting 2 channels via satellite.  Channel
JFdc> A is 38K, and Velocity Channel E is just over 700K.  These combined
JFdc> channels are used to provide our feed.  In the next few weeks, we will be
JFdc> increasing channel E to 900K to keep up with increased market volume.  As
JFdc> you can see, we continue to invest in our satellite technology to provide
JFdc> a constant stream.  We have recently reduced our Init fee on the service
JFdc> to $200 (from $395).  The equities feed is $129/month and you can add
JFdc> futures and/or options.  2000i currently works directly with the feed
JFdc> (although they are no longer "officially supporting" it), and Dynastore
JFdc> has built a server to utilize our Ethernet output.  I will be getting in
JFdc> touch with DB to see if he plants to continue to support the satellite (I
JFdc> am not sure if he ever brought it out of beta when initially developed
JFdc> it).

JFdc> Jay

JFdc> Jimmy Snowden <jhsnowden@xxxxxxx>
JFdc> 01/22/2004 03:30 PM
JFdc> Please respond to
JFdc> Jimmy Snowden <jhsnowden@xxxxxxx>

JFdc> To
JFdc> "Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx" <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>, popeye
JFdc> <popeye@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
JFdc> cc

JFdc> Subject
JFdc> Re[2]: BMI datafeed

JFdc> 19k is all their satellite is good for.  I'm way out in the country
JFdc> and my home phone line runs 20k and Esignal will nearly fry that line.

JFdc> Best regards,
JFdc>   Jimmy Snowden
JFdc> mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx