Re[4]: Off Topic - build new PC

Marc,

Agreed. And for some time. Both Dells are without on-board video. Put
a Matrox G200 (?) on it earlier on. And the 2nd was a workstation
coming with Matrox G450 (?). Spreading the visual load sure does help.

Thanks and
--
Best regards,
 jon                            mailto:jonmac@xxxxxxxxxxx

mm> Jon,
mm> One thought. I run a 4 screen Colorgraphics Evolution 4 (antique) video
mm> card.  I enjoy spreading my desktop across 4 screens, its easier on my
mm> failing eyesight.  With a Dell machine, unless they have changed, the video
mm> is built in to the motherboard making it impossible to install a card like I
mm> describe.  It is called a 'proprietary' motherboard.  Also, rare as it may
mm> be, if a part fails, you may be held hostage to only be able to fix it with
mm> a Dell part, rather than run down to your local computer shop and throw a
mm> new piece in to an "open" clone.
mm> Now I am sure that there may be some workarounds to this, as I am just Old
mm> and In the Way, and dont keep up with multiple screen options, but it is
mm> something you may wish to consider.
mm> Best,
mm> Marc Miller