esignal =2X CME counts

Perhaps this is obvious to some and to others it isn't.  Why should anyone
care if esignal has 2X CME tick counts?  Sometimes this is advantageous and
sometimes not.  The consequences of having 2X CME counts when using Tick
bars is that indicators and strategies that use moving average crossovers
will cross before datafeeds that have 1X CME tick counts when using the same
inputs.  The disadvantage is that 2XCME counts will also have more whipsaws
and false signals.  I made a test today using the TS default 9/18 simple MA
Xover on both esignal and dtn sat.  esignal crossed first and had more
whipsaws.  Then I doubled the lengths on the esignal feed to 18/36 and left
TS on dtnsat at 9/18 and sure enough they looked quite similar.  Also, with
time bars, there will be High - Low range differences between the esignal
and dtn charts.  Differences of up to 1.00 points were observed on 5 minute
bars due to the extra ticks in the esignal charts, I.e. the extra ticks come
with a price attached, ;-).

BobR