Re: Help choosing an online broker

> wait.  Stock commissions are very low up to about 2000 shares.  After than
> it's cheaper to have another account, as I do, with Ameritrade, with a one
> price fits all policy( $10.99 for any size trade).

John, if you use ameritrade for trading shares over 2000, try freetrade.com.
It's not advertised, so few know about it, it seems. But it really is
ameritrade. Interface etc. is exactly like ameritrade. The only catch is
they do NOT have a phone number. All communication must be via email.
However, first 20 trades per month is free! $3 for trade #21-100, $2 for
trade #101-200 and $1 thereafter. Not bad at all.

Abhijit