Re: Help choosing an online broker

I've been using Interactive Brokers for at least 6 months and have had no
problems other than an occasional software/data disconnect...probably due to
my miserably slow dial up connection  They supply you with trading software
which is much quicker than java based trading and  is easy to use.  Their
datafeed is said to be one of the fastest and I would agree, although they
apparently bunch up identical trades to save bandwidth.  I haven't had to
reach them by phone very often, but when I had to there wasn't much of a
wait.  Stock commissions are very low up to about 2000 shares.  After than
it's cheaper to have another account, as I do, with Ameritrade, with a one
price fits all policy( $10.99 for any size trade).

I also use them to trade the E-mini, $2.40 commission each way, and the
commodity and stock accounts are combined into a single account.  E-mini
fills are very quick.  A few years ago they had a reputation for being a
cheap and fast broker if you didn't need support, which apparently was
really difficult to reach.  They seem to have fixed that problem before I
opened an account and I can't say anything bad about it now.

A good place to find comments about Interactive Brokers, and others, is
www.elitetrader.com.  You can also see them rated by % of favorable comments
(84% favorable as of today).

Good luck,

John