From: jack zaner [mailto:jzaner@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 12:21 PM
To: cwest; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Emini mark-to-market

Colin:  While margin for stocks directly relates to value, no such
direct
relationship exists for futures.  The term "margin" as used in futures
is a
misnomer- -good faith deposit is more accurate and its purpose is to
address
risk concerns. Therefore, I can't see how a cash flow relationship can
be
established for futures as it can for stocks.
Regards,  Jack.