Re: TS2000i and WinXP

Now go get yourself some kind of drive imaging software.  Then make a
backup image of your HD with everything freshly installed.  Next time
when, over time, the "speed" of XP has deteriorated thanks to all the
temp files etc. collecting themselves under your OS, you can save
yourself the time it takes to reinstall everything from scratch and
complete the task in 30 minutes.  And yes, over time even XP becomes
slow.

Ivo Karindi

e> Based on the input from various people on this
e> list, I decided to take my chances and did a clean
e> install of XP w/ TS2000i over the weekend... It
e> was a lot of work and  headache and all I can say
e> is AM I SURE GLAD I DID.  XP is incredibly fast
e> once you remove all the bloat (thanks to the
e> individual who provided that link)... I find it
e> much faster than win2000 on my P4 2.4Ghz w/
e> 786MBRam ... And everything works fine! And to my
e> relief so does TS2000i.. Everything loads up/shuts
e> down incredible faster.  I was able to tweak it to
e> perform better than Win2000 (at least on a
e> subjective level) and was able to keep the
e> "pretty" GUI.

e> Thanks to all for their valued input.

e> Bing

Best regards,

Ivo Karindi
ivo@xxxxxxxxx