Re[2]: Esig GS 2000i plug in - Active X

Hi Mark,

The thing is - when you're receiving data in realtime mode and
plotting a ProSuite chart using it, and at the same time trying to download the same symbol data with the Plugin - this may cause
GlobalServer to slow down. This is a principal limitation of GlobalServer.

You can understand this problem, if you consider that ProSuite queries GlobalServer for data to plot a chart and at the same time you're trying to refresh and overwrite that very data. It may sometimes produce the CPU problem. You can easily get the same error while exporting data from xpo - the native omega format.

Blow is the post from Omega-list concerning 100% CPU usage in realtime mode. Preston doesn't use the plugin at all.

so, did we ever determine what causes (within TS 2000i) the cpu to lock 90% of the time on 100% usage???

it takes 4 to 6 seconds for a TS command to take place,... such as changing workspaces or moving a trend line... or drawing an arrow..., etc.

going off line in the server seems to largely return cpu speed to normal

I have a 2.4 Gh AMD with one gig of RAM... lawsy me!!! what if I were on my old 386?!

any ideas? I collect data on cme & cbot, a few options, as well as a few stocks... around 6000 symbols total. the problem began suddenly about 3-weeks ago & has not subsided. I do a regular scandisk, delete tmp files
(each one to two weeks) & do a nightly DisKeeper defrag. have 3+ Mb paging file size & over 90 gigs of free HD space. a mystery to me. have not tried reinstalling 2000i... yet.

thanx, preston morrow

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Andy