Re: (summary) TS2000i time zone odd-ness

Gary:

>> On second look, no, Gary's suggestion didn't fix it.  All that happened
>> is the session start time moved, but the times assigned to each bar
>> stayed the same.  (Sigh).
>
>Um.  I'm not sure but it's very possible that changing the
>exchange time offset doesn't re-timestamp the current data.  New

It didn't re-timestamp anything.  It just moved the session start time.

>data coming in might be right.  Or (if TRAD was smart, which is
>not all that likely) the ticks are timestamped with GMT, and
>changing the exchange time should instantly reflect in the data.
>
>So you're saying now the session starts at 6:30am PDT, but
>there's no data until 7:30am PDT?  Or, rather, since you're
>looking at ES, the bar that's the actual RTH open is timestamped
>7:30?  I show today's opening 1min bar (at 8:30 CST) to have an
>OHLC of 1024.0, 1024.75, 1024.0, 1024.25.

The session, which was starting at 6:30 in local time but 7:30
displayed in TS, now starts at 5:30am local time but 6:30 displayed
in TS.  So it's showing some pre-day-session bars as day session
now, which is wrong.

I've re-set everything back the way it was originally, and I'll
wait until daylight savings switches over next month, and see what
happens then.  Right now it's no problem for me to mentally subtract
1 hour from the displayed time of a bar to get my local time.

-Alex