Re: (summary) TS2000i time zone odd-ness

> >Not sure if this will help but-- In TS click File,then Desktop
> >Options,you should be able to set it up correctly for your zone under
> >the 'General icon.
>
> I didn't see that it did anything except change the display in the
> lower right corner to GMT-7.

That's what I remember too.  Looks to me like somebody started to
implement the proper feature, but forgot to finish it.  It
changes the clock display but not the charting, which is what you
really care about.

> >Try editing the exchange data (GS, Tools -> Edit Exchange List ->
> >Edit the exchange -> Edit Daylight Savings) and see if the
> >exchange's DST info is set up right.
>
> Now THAT did something.  Chicago Mercantile Exchange was set to -360
> minutes.  I set it to -420 and that changed my chart by an hour in
> the wrong direction.  Setting it to -300 changed it to the correct
> time.
>
> THANKS!

Well, er, you're welcome, but...

CME is *supposed* to be set to -360.  CST is 6 hours off GMT.
It's 5 hours (-300 minutes) off during DST.  My CME settings use
-360 and my CME charts are OK.

Your charts look right now, but someting is still wonky.  I
wonder if you're going to see problems when DST ends.

-300 would work properly (for now) *IF* your TS didn't realize it
was supposed to be using DST.  I assume you do have DST enabled
for CME, and it uses sensible rules?  (DST starts 1st Sunday of
Apr, ends last Sunday of Oct.)

If so, make sure your PC thinks it's using DST.  Double-click on
the clock in the system tray and look at the current timezone.
Actually I don't think this would affect TS, since it has its own
DST rules, but...

Gary