Re: EOD US Stock data

> Subject: EOD US Stock data
> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:24:18 -0400
> From: "Schedlbauer, Joseph E." <JoeS@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Omega email list (E-mail)" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Try www.msodata.com for EOD stock data.  It's inexpensive, $150 per year or
> $15 per month.  No limit on downloads.  The nightly download takes about 10
> seconds and it updates all the files in about 4 minutes.  It has US stocks
> and indexes only.  The software is fairly easy to use (Databoss) and can
> back-adjust price and volume for splits if desired.
>
> The only strange thing I've noticed is that they carry a lot of symbols
> (~6000) in their database that are no longer trading.  I just wrote a simple
> program to find the out of date files and deleted them.
>
> They also have EOD futures data included in this price, but I haven't used
> it.

I tried MSO a few years ago when they started.  It didn't work.
I suppose they've fixed it now.  But I think MSO requires using ASCII
files, doesn't it?  That is a hekkuva lotuv work.

No one has yet sugggested  TC2000 (www.worden.com).   Their version 4
does a number of nice things.  It still allows outputting the data in version 3
format which can be read by TS4 and I think TS2000.  TS2000 has the
Chart Scanner and Custom Data Lists, doesn't it ?

The good part is that TC2000 updates its database automatically - adds
and deletes.  No database maintenance.  A Custom Data List is created
out of the symbols in the output directory.   Its takes about four minutes
to download 9000 stocks and output them to the format for TS.

One drawback is that either they (Worden Bros) or Omega did not fix the
dates after Y2K.  But one of our list members, Clyde Lee I think, wrote a
small program to fix the dates.  It takes less than a minute to run.  We could
get you a copy of  that.

The cost for TC2000 is $30 a month.

donc