Re: Re[4]: EOD US Stock data

From: "VK" <volker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> If one wants to use only US stocks and EOD then I believe that Yahoo,
> MSN Finance or WallStreetCity are good options to get free update and
> free history.

Depends on when you want the updates. First of all, their daily updates
are not taking place very fast and differs on the stock you want the
update for. Also recently i reported a stock wich was not updated
for day's on Yahoo. Actualy, the last trading day showing was june 23
and i reported the error to them on july 24 so that's not just a few
day's....
Last, i just did a daily update using WLD and did a scan on it with an
EOD stock system and i see signals for 26-8-2003 but also for 27-8-2003
Apperantly for some reason some stocks are allready traded so i was
to late doing the daily update ? (ps1: this was 1 hour before the market
opening. Maybe a last day to download would be a good option...
ps2: for some reason i have a lot of [error: "is not a valid floating point
value] errors when i try the download with downloading the complete
history. No idea if this is a user error or maybe a yahoo error
or program error because a lot of the symbols do work)

> Any good software has it integrated and offers it for free
> now. In the case of TS users (who like to pay) I am sure that there are
> some add ons for that. One thing I always hated about TS, that for
> everything I needed to get (buy) another product to do some basic job
> for me. So who is selling a Yahoo downloader for TS? :)

Depends on the TS version. TS7 does not require you to download
anything, it just has the data sitting waiting for you to show in your
graph.

> BTW, with the Yahoo data I can get stock quotes from all over the world.
>
> BTW, there are even ways to receive FREE real time data with
> QuoteTracker (not sure if TS supports that).

I don't know why anyone is focussing on FREE. In most cases you get
what you pay for. Yahoo does not post its updates on a specific time
a day but does it at random. Am i to early then i will mis some stocks,
am i to late, then i will apperantly also have data for today. Probably
every data source will have some problems now and again but the
FREE Yahoo has them to often to my liking. Therefore i bought
Qcollector and use E-signal for my daily EOD updates. Ofcourse, costs
a little money, but trading is a business and running a business costs
money.

greetings