Von: trader@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:trader@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. August 2003 10:09
An: omega-list
Betreff: Re: Re[4]: EOD US Stock data

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ivo Karindi" <ivo@xxxxxxxxx>

> tsn> Yes, they will lock you out of new data. If you have created a
portfolio
> tsn> wich saves the data into ASCII files you will not have that
problem.
The
> tsn> data will stay there and will not be deleted.... even if it
would,
you could
> tsn> make a backup of those ascii files.
>
> Just to clarify since we had that experience 6 months ago with CSI.
> The data exported from UA to other formats that went over the newly
> applied 10-year limit *did* get deleted. When we complained and got
> something "fixed" with their customer service, the data we used to
have
> before reappeared.

I am with them since december 2003 and have actualy alway's had a
10 year limit. Probably for older customers this limit was not yet
reinforced ? So for me, i know what i payed for, 10 years of data
wich i am getting if the symbol is traded for 10 years. If it was a
change
of service it's never nice to see service getting less instead of more.

> Of course a backup in this case would help to restore what you had
> before, but remember that you could not add more current data to the
> files because you will loose the history over 10 years. So the
> solution would be *manually* updating your old data files from the new
> ones, which have to be kept in separate direcories!

I actualy do daily updates into Tradestation using History Center so i
do daily updates anyway. For me the bigger problem in your case would
be that the data wich is older than 10 years would not get back
adjusted.
Now, every time the futures change to a new series, my old history gets
updated so i will never have to worry about it. With doing it all
manualy,
i would need to do that process manualy also.

So i rather stick with the 10 years of history.

But how does pinnacle solve this problem ? You get their historical
database
but do they adjust the historical database or do you need to do that
yourself ? Would be nice if they also have a program that will do just
that
for you.