Re: Seeking robust UPS Solutions

>        From:         Frank Fleisher <r5_6fpen8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>   Subject:      Seeking robust UPS Solutions
>      To:     omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> After the Big Blackout, I got into thinking about a UPS system that
> can power several computers, flat screen monitors, routers, modems,
> etc. over an extended period.  My current setup allows me enough time
> to perform a proper shut-down.  But it would be nice to keep going
> throughout the trading day without calling my broker and power
> company and having to yell at them both.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -F

If the Big Blackout had occurred during the trading day the exchanges would have been dead too.

I buy numerous small UPSs (500watt range) when I see them on sale, and spread them around.

Remember that if you have a cablemodem you will need to backup the modem too, as
well as any network hub or router in use.  But if your cable company doesn't have
adequate  backup then that won't make any difference either.  DSL is probably a
different story, since the phone companies have their own battery power.  But your
DSL modem, if external to the computer, would need a UPS.

donc