Re: Seeking robust UPS Solutions

Hmmm,

I'm currently thinking about a solution which might be out of your
possibilities, because it could be that a 'fullsized' Tradestation and the
Dataserver would be too slow.

There are some fanless pc  around, some with with a cpu on a reduced frequency
- some not (P4 nemiha [or so]). You don't have a lot options to increase add.
cards to those pc, but some of them do have an external (fanless) power
supply, which provide a 12 Volt power plug for the computer. Those
combinations do not need 300-400 Watt but around 60 Watt - or (60/12 =) 5
Ampere.

This would be a greate possibillity to use common car-batteries (I assume they
have even in the USA 12 Volt). As far as I remember those car-batteries has
about 60 AmperHours (correct?) that would be 12*60= 720Watt. Divided by 5
would give me a runtime for one pc consuming 5 Ampere hooked on such a
battery 144 hours or 6 days.

Well all these ideas are still in development.
But if you are interested in those fanless, power-reduced pc I can send you
some links.

good trading,
Carl