Re: Market Data Sever letter, "Interesting"

Hi,

Does anyone know of any alternatives to the M3 data server?

I had emailed one fellow who had developed a feed driver for
DTN, but he wanted about $60K for it.

I was looking for something which works with DTN or one of
the other major broadcast feeds, and has a well-documented
API/method for accessing the tick data. Basically a piece
of software which acts as a feed driver, and possibly
archives the data.

A replacement for M3 and its SDK.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Brian

----- Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:10:40 -0700 "Robert Hoff" <roberthoff> wrote: -----

> I just got this email.  (I'm an "individual user" )

> Dear M3 Market Data Server User:
>
> IMPORTANT - Please read this email closely.
>
> IMPORTANT NOTICE
>
> There is a hard-coded June 30th expiration in the M3 Server. This was made
> for several very important business reasons.
>
> All users will need to email Annette at annette.boves@xxxxxxxxxxxxx to
> receive an update to the M3 Market Data Server.
>
> **Business Model and Pricing Changes**  MarketStream, Inc. has had to make
> some very hard business decisions related to the end-user and SDK markets.
> A longer discussion about our end-user market continues below.
>
> **Annual Licensing **  We will no longer be offering a free downloadable
> version of the Market Data Server. We will be changing to an annual
> licensing fee as we have been warning customers about for over a year.
>
> Below are the new annual licensing fees:
>
>    M3 Market Data Server
>       Annual License              $1,000 per year
>       Additional Annual Licenses    $500 per year
>
>    M3 Market Data Server SDK (Only sold to individual users)
> Includes 2 Market Data Server Licenses
>       Initial year                $5,000 first year
>       Subsequent years            $2,500 per year
>       Additional M3 licenses        $500 per year
>
>    M4 Market Data Server SDK (Hedge funds, etc)
> Includes 2 Market Data Server Licenses
>       Initial year                $10,000 first year
>       Subsequent years             $5,000 per year
>       Additional M4 licenses         $500 per year
>
> **Existing Users**  Existing users using the free downloadable version
> will receive the Market Data Server update upon payment of the annual
> license fee.  Other SDK and licensed users should contact Annette to
> determine how many servers you are currently using, and then she can email
> you an invoice.  We will also be moving all multi-user Trading operations
> such as Hedge Funds to M4 with a $5,000 annual fee.  SDK's purchased less
> than a year ago will not be charged until their year period is up.
[SNIP]