Vol window not showing vol

In recent days I've been using the new plug-in for history downloads for
eSignal feeds into TS2000i's Global Server.  Problem was that following a
download the vol window in a 3-min based chart showed zero vol history.
Liam
     Here's the solution from Alexis at eSignal's forum:

FWIW here is my take on the volume saga based on my experience and
understanding of how TS2k works.

First of all TS2k seems to be unable (or at least I have not found a way to
achieve this) to read the Total Volume data that is contained in
GlobalServer unless the interval of the chart is set to Daily or higher.
With tick or minute based charts it insists on wanting to calculate the
Volume as either Up Ticks + Down Ticks (if Tick Volume is set in the Format
Symbol window) or Up Volume + Down Volume (if Trade Volume is instead
selected).
Hence if one has 1 Minute or 5 Minute resolutions in the History to Save and
downloads the corresponding data, ActiveX Plugin has no way of knowing what
the Up/Down Ticks (or Up/Down Volume) were within any bar and that in itself
is correct. It is important to understand though that ActiveX is downloading
the Volume data for each resolution as can be seen in GlobalServer. It is
TS2k that is unable to read the Total Volume as such.
Anyhow if one then downloads 1 Tick resolution that Up/Down Tick/Volume
history is rebuilt and the 1 Minute and 5 Minute resolutions use that data
to build their Volume.

As far as I can see there are currently three solutions to the issue.
a) Liam's solution of downloading first the 1 Minute, 5 Minute, 1 Day data
and then downloading the 1 Tick data. This will allow to rebuild the volume
data the way TS2k needs to see it. The drawback is that one has to download
twice.
b) Only use 1 Tick as the intraday resolution. This means that all intraday
bars are built based on that resolution. The drawback is that TS2k tends to
slow to a crawl if larger interval bars are requested for very long
historical periods.
c) Check the "Use Up Volume as Total Volume" setting in ActiveX and one can
still perform a single download for Tick, Minute and Day. The drawback is
that anyone using Up/Down Volume as part of their studies will not be able
to do so because the Volume is saved as Up Volume only (which is what then
allows TS2k to actually be able to read it).

Alex