re: EL question...

> "Is there a way to write a system that only takes the next signal if
> the last one is (or would have been) profitable? I don't know how to
> reference a trade that would have occurred but didn't b/c the prev
> trade was negative...

Taking a signal if the last trade WAS profitable isn't too hard;
you can use PositionProfit(1) to check on that trade's profit.

Taking a signal if the last trade WOULD HAVE BEEN profitable is
trickier.  Since you filtered out that trade and didn't take it,
you can't use PositionProfit.  You could try simulating the trade
and decide if it would have been profitable, but that's messy.

> Would it be possible to adjust the trade size based
> on the profitability of the previous trade? i.e. Trade 100 contracts
> if the previous trade was profitable, trade 1 contract if the
> previous trade was a loser?

That's an excellent idea.  If you're not supposed to take the
trade due to whatever conditions, go ahead and take it but with a
very small size.  That way it has very little impact on your
system results, but you still let TS do all the trade management
&etc, and you can still use PositionProfit to decide whether to
take the next one.

Gary