RE: Re[2]: Beware of Norton Updates . . .

In early June I believe a Live Update for Norton Internet Security
hosed WinXP - couldn't connect to anything which used SSL, took 30+
seconds to login to Windows...

Symantec's soln was to show you how to downgrade to a previous
version of NISUM.EXE.

Haven't checked to see if they've fixed the root problem.

Didn't appear to affect Win2k (at least it didn't affect mine).

Cheers,
Brendan