Re: OT: External HD recommendation

Hello Sherrill,

USB 2.0 is fast and reliable.  I never had much luck with Firewire on the
windows side, however.  Actually, I think USB 2.0 is faster than
Firewire.  So I wouldn't invest in Firewire.

I use USB 2.0 external enclosures (from Belkin and ADS brands) that
will hold any 3.5" or 5" IDE device, like
a CDRW or harddrive.  Check to see if your laptop USB actually supports 2.0.

You can use an adapter to install a 40gig laptop 2.5" HD into the
external enclosure, and clone your laptop.  I don't know about Casper,
but Ghost will clone your harddrive so that you can be up and
running as soon as you swap the hard drives.