Re: External HD recommendation

From: "Sherrill H. Styers" <sstyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'm in the process of setting up an external USB 2.0/Firewire drive to
> backup  my Toshiba 40gig laptop using Casper . Would appreciate do's,
> don'ts,  stay aways from anyone who's been dragged around this
> particular barn yard.

Do take a 2.5inch harddisk, preferable the same size and brand
of your current toshiba hd.

If your toshiba harddisk will ever fail you just will need to put
in the harddisk from the backup and you are up and running
again in a few minutes.

Ofcourse, for this to work you need to image your normal
harddisk to the external harddisk. Casper is a backup utility ?
Check it out if casper can make images.

If anything will ever fail (and that is what you are backuping for
i guess) you will be up and running very fast again.

If that is not your goal then i would suggest buy an external
cd recorder. Very easy to use on other computers also with
friends and family etc. Also easy to transport to another computer,
even if you do not have the external device and only the cd.

greetings