Re: support for 2000i

Mark --
I too have DTN + TS 2000i.  I've also been trying TS 7.3.  I've noticed
delayed ticks in DTN 2000i.  In fact I just saw, at 931 when the ES dropped
to 98975, DTN/2000i had not yet shown that tick buyt TS7.3 showed it.  Do
you know of any studies comparing the two?
Bob

I need to think about what to do at the end of the year when
tradestation 2000i will no longer be supported. I feel more strongly
than ever that a real trader needs a good data feed from a dish, a
reliable charting package, and a separate computer for order entry
with two different clearing firms and order entry platforms. This
cannot be combined into one package like tradestation 7. Yesterday a
friend with tradestation 7 came over to trade with is laptop and I was
able to compare tradestation 7 with my tradestation 2000i and the dtn
feed. There was no comparison. I was getting all the ticks. He was
getting a summary. His charts were incomplete and untradeable with the
approach we were using. We were both using 600 tick bars and I was
always several bars ahead. My indicators were nice and clean, his were
all choppy from missing data. All the stuff on his screen was a real
distraction. Charts were small with the order entry on screen. He had
four monitors on his home setup. I keep my order entry on a separate
computer. Tradestation probably feels that all the bells and whistles
will entice novice traders but it just distracts from real trading.
Tradestation 4 was more than adequate. I've found tradestation 2000i
with windows 2000 to be very stable. I've had no crashes except when
dtn makes a change and a patch is needed. If anyone else feels the way
I do we need to band together to get tradestation to continue support.
I don't care about the money they want for tradestation 7. I would be
willing to pay a fee for annual support. That's what the old computrac
used to do. I think they had a $300 yearly fee for support and
upgrades. Maybe if all 2000i users went on a campaign of writing to
Mr. Cruz they would reconsider stopping support. If they don't I will
switch to ensign or aspen graphics at the end of the year. I will not
"upgrade" (really a downgrade in my opinion) to tradestation 7. If
they paid me the monthly fee I would not use tradestation 7. If you
have any thoughts on what to do to keep support please let me know.
Does anyone know a way to contact Mr. Cruz directly? He used to be
reachable by phone in the old days. Now I can't even find an email
address for him.

Thanks

--
Thank You,