Re: 2000i is haunted

I don't think your PC is fried as you're not the only one with these
problems. And it's not just TS2ki as I've run into this problem on TS Pro/6
when I was a subscriber. And I don't think it's due to using multiple data
as I'm using just one and I have a similar problem. I've attached a GIF file
showing this. Indicator below the data is a filter that determines whether
we're in a trending mode or a trading range (whenever the green is below the
yellow line, it's a trend and vice versa.).  My system is suppose to trade
whenever we're in a trend and sit on the sidelines whenever we're in a
trading range. Instead of the system telling me to go short because we're
still in a trending mode, it tells me to exit the long trade and sit on the
sidelines. As you can see, green line is below the yellow at that point in
time and I should have gotten a short signal. Doesn't matter as I went short
anyways.

So it seems as if TS can't compute simple math : it can't seems to see that
23 is less than 27 (as you can see, there's no double precision involve in
this.). That's one of my complaints about TS over the years: it can be
mathematically inaccurate at the most inopportune time. The only solution
I've found is to do the calculations by hand and override TS when it chokes
like this.

snap.gif