Re: Easy Language problem

> Subject: Easy Language problem
> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:48:12 -0400
> From: "Jerry War" <drwar@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Do any easy language guru's have any tricks for getting the correct
> opening price for the  RTH session  on a "Tick chart" which is Plotted on a
> 24hr session
> chart. If you just use Open it gives you the opening price of the bar
> which is closest to the open( this bar may have started at (9:00 est
> depending on the number of ticks/bar) . I need the open price as if this
> had been a 5 min chart etc.
>
> Thanks
> Jerry

I suggest you try using a text field to store the value of the open tick, and
show it on the chart.  The text should get posted when the tick occurs,
rather than waiting til the end of the bar.

Here's a link to a thread on TradestationWorld where one clever fellow
discovered the use of the text field as a variable.

http://www.tradestationsupport.com/discussions/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8986&SearchTerms=text

donc