Re: Excel question

>Thanks to everyone who helped me with my spreadsheet. Gotta crown Kim as
>the Excel guru on the list ;)

But what Kim suggested won't quite do what you want.  Kim's suggested
using the row number as the divisor, whereas you wanted the value inside
the bottom cell of your column to be the divisor.

>Assuming the values in the column will always contain numeric values,
>
>=ROW(OFFSET(A1,COUNT(A:A)-1,0))
>
>will return the value of the last non-blank row in column A.

No, it returns the row number of the last non-blank row in column A,
not the value in the cell.  If you want the value, you don't need
the ROW function.

>So your formula X/A2 will be =X / ROW(OFFSET(A1,COUNT(A:A)-1,0))

The formula should be =X/OFFSET(A1,COUNT(A:A)-1,0)

That will use the value in the last cell in the colum, rather than the
row number of that cell.

-Alex