Combining multiple strategies

I am at my wit's end. The strategies (emini ES) are all over different time
period charts, some long / some short. The problems of TS in requiring long
only / short only strategies per symbol essentially means I can't automate
any of these.

I have been through quite a few threads on this topic in TS boards, but are
no closer to a solution that I can use NOW. Hoping TS would implement this
functionality sometime in future isn't going to help me. I need this now.

So the question to all strategy traders is - what are you all doing about it
now? I have tried writing megastrategies combining all these strategies, but
it messes up things too much, charts / strategies load too slowly, etc.
etc. - I would not go that route again.

TS have told me that I should open 2 accounts and send longs to one and
shorts to another (hello?). Like I am in the business of generating
commisions to TS and slippage to market.

So what can I do? Is the only option I have is to use TS to generate signals
and take the signals elsewhere using 3rd party tools (tradebolt etc.) and
possibly different brokers (IB)? Again, I am reluctant to do so - the more
cogs in a spinning wheel, the more often it breaks down. But doesn't seem
like I have any other option.

Thanks for any help.

Abhijit