Mike Gallagher, TS4 Security Block Error

Hi All,

I'm reinstalling TS4 instead of TS2ki, with the hopes
that it will be a little faster/more stable. (Let the
flaming begin about version N-1 of TradeStation ...)

I've been wrestling with the whole SSIACT/SSIPDDP thing for
the security block, however. I just installed Windows 2000,
I followed the Traders2Traders instructions for copying and
installing the drivers, and I configured the parallel port
to run in standard mode (in the BIOS).

When I run SSIACT, it finds the activator, but then declares

   "unreliable printer port"

Well, actually, it declares "unrealible printer port" (sic).
I think they meant "unreliable."

There was a post from Mike Gallagher here last November on a
similar issue. I can't find any follow-up posts, though.

If you're reading this, Mike, what was the problem?

Does anyone else know what the issue might be?

Thanks!
Brian