Speed

In the quest for "speed" from internet-based datastreams, there are some
obvious dynamics to consider...

First and foremost, do a "traceroute" to the vendor's servers. Where are you
located in relationship to "slow" routers, or out-of-the-way routing??

Do they route you unnecessarily half-way to Egypt and back again?

I'm using DTN's "IQfeed", and I'm going from El Paso all the way to Los
Angeles and back through five or six needless re-routes, then on to St.
Louis on my way north to DTN's server farms in Omaha.......

Plus there's a router in Missouri with a sometimes 2750-ms delay!!

Slow?? You bet! But if I lived in Omaha and could get a one-hop
connection...things would be a lot different.
                                                                       Blitz