Re: Couple of Easy Language Questions

> 1. Thanks. I realise TS won't allow me to do that using "Open of
> Next Bar", i was wondering if someone had worked out a way around
> it. It sounds very simple to do, but is proving very hard.

You wanted to exit at the first profitable open.  You could do
something like this:

  exitlong at EntryPrice limit;

which would exit at your entry price or better.  Unfortunately it
won't exit *only* at a profitable open, but at ANY time that the
price exceeds your entry.  If you require only a profitable open,
I think you'll either have to figure out a way to use "next bar",
or maybe move to intraday data and only issue the order on the
closing bar of the day (so it's active only on the first bar of
the next day).

> 2. What i mean by my second problem is that in the system tracking
> window when my conditions are set i expect an order, buy X at Y
> stop. My problem is that i cannot see the order buy X at Y stop, but
> the system gos and buys it if the level is reached, so the next day
> i see i have a position, but did not take it because i was not
> alterted the previous day. This is the only time i have found this
> problem.

Check your strategy settings to see if Properties -> "Generate
orders for next bar" is checked.  TS only pops up the annoying
"orders have changed/etc" dialog boxes, and enters the orders and
positions in the STCC, if that box is checked.

Gary