Couple of Easy Language Questions

1. Thanks. I realise TS won't allow me to do that using "Open of Next Bar", i was wondering if someone had worked out a way around it. It sounds very simple to do, but is proving very hard.

2. What i mean by my second problem is that in the system tracking window when my conditions are set i expect an order, buy X at Y stop. My problem is that i cannot see the order buy X at Y stop, but the system gos and buys it if the level is reached, so the next day i see i have a position, but did not take it because i was not alterted the previous day. This is the only time i have found this problem.

Tom.

> The error message i get is that i cannot use open of next bar
> together with close.

You're right.  TS doesn't let you do that.  At all.  It's
protecting you from doing something like

  if open of next bar > close then begin
    buy at close;
    exitlong next bar at open;
  end;

...but they block that by blocking ALL uses of "next bar" and
"close" in the same system.

> ConditionA = CondiitonB and  ConditionC;
> If ConditionA then buy next bar at High stop;
>
> The system correctly buys, but when ConditionA is met, an order does
> not come up for the next day,

I don't understand.  If it buys correctly (on the next bar,
presumably?) then the order MUST be in effect for the next bar.
Your description doesn't make sense to me.

Gary

Hello all,

I have a couple of easy language problems i am trying to solve, i hope someone can help me.

1.  I am trying to buy on the close of a bar and then exit on the first profitable open.  Code is something like,

If X happens then buy on close.
If open of next bar > close then exitlong market. ( or if open of next bar > entryprice then exitlong market).

The error message i get is that i cannot use open of next bar together with close.  If i just use open instead of open of next bar then i exit a day late.

2. I am setting conditionals such as

ConditionA = CondiitonB and  ConditionC;
If ConditionA then buy next bar at High stop;

The system correctly buys, but when ConditionA is met, an order does not come up for the next day, so i do not know the conditions have been met until the day after ( if i get into the trade, otherwise i can miss it altogether).

Thanks,

Tom.