Re[2]: AW: A joke & TS alternatives

Replying to your message of Monday, May 19, 2003, 12:46:58 PM,

I've been a customer and a very satisfied user of PowerST, Bolotin's
product, for over 3 years.  I bought the product and depend on it.
The only relationship I have with Bolotin is as a customer.  I took a
chance to go with the product largely because of TradeStation's
inability to analyze systems at the portfolio level, and the difficulty
of customizing it to meet my own needs.  PowerST is vastly more
powerful than TS for my EOD system testing and trading needs.  It is
vastly more efficient in its performance.  It is vastly superior in
reliability. Ditto for customer service.

I've seen plenty of posts on this list trying to sell one thing or
another.  Bolotin has not abused this list as far as I'm concerned.
Bolotin has a real product, even if it has a limited number of users.
He has been building an industrial strength product and I have been
delighted to have it. Maybe TS7 has some support for multiple, money
management-based entries and exsits to/from a position I'm unaware of.
When I saw what they were offering beyond TS4, it was sufficient for
me to decide to not "upgrade" and go with PowerST instead.  I had
already built my own portfolio analysis and money management code to
stitch together outputs from TS into something more useful.  It was
far more cost effective to go with PowerST than to continue trying to
roll my own.  I was able to rewrite my code and interface it with
PowerST with little trouble.  And its performance in the PowerST
environment is a tremendous improvement.

If you have a serious interest in evaluating PowerST, talk to Bolotin
and sign the nondisclosure agreement. If you think 100 lines of EL is
equivalent to what PowerST provides, you'll be interested to learn
about the real capabilities.  Also, if you'll take a moment to re-read
his post you'll see that he didn't charge for implementing scaling, he
provided it because it was important to someone - anybody see TS do
that?

Paul Zislis