Re[4]: Correct modeling - simple or complex?

  • To: "\"Marco C.\"" <victrade@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re[4]: Correct modeling - simple or complex?
  • From: Ivo Karindi <ivo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 07:58:20 -0700

MC> what do you mean in particular when you say
MC> "object oriented approach during designing systems" ?
MC> Could you do some example ?

Just what is meant by "object oriented" in programming: everything is
divided up into small logical components that are fairly simple to
use, and the user does not really need to understand what is going on
inside the component. Good example, I think, would be using Mark
Jurik's JMA without having to really understand what is going on
inside the function. You may end up with a very simple moving average
crossover system despite all the math and number crunching that is
going on inside the function (just my guess, I have no idea how
complex or simple the math is for JMA).

Similarly, a "simple" system may use several components (functions)
that by itself are not necessarily *simple*, but the signal may
still fit into 15 lines of code being fairly simple and logical to
understand.

Best regards,

Ivo Karindi
ivo@xxxxxxxxx