Re: Correct modeling - simple or complex?

Remember not to mix up simple idea with simple coding.
A simple idea that works (i.e. profitable system) will
require a lot of coding to take care of details for use
in real-time, especially if the system will be used by
someone else other than the designer.

Lawrence

> At 11:23 07/05/03 -0700, David Colin wrote:
> >I would be curious to hear from the successful traders on the list whether
> >the profitable mechanical systems they use to trade the markets are mostly
> >simple or mostly complex?  By complex I don't mean how much code it takes to
> >express an idea.  I mean *conceptually*, is it simple or complex?
> >
> >One reason I ask is that I have mostly found an inverse correlation between
> >cost and worth.  The most worthless things I have seen have been extremely
> >expensive, while the best things I've seen have been cheap or free.  I am
> >wondering if there is a similar inverse correlation between correct
> >modelling and complexity.
> >
> >Just curious anyhow.
> >
> >TIA,
> >
> >David
> >

> >---

=====
Lawrence Chan   http://www.tickquest.com
Transform market data into opportunities